Mekong Institute (MI) is an intergovernmental organization serving the Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS) countries, namely Cambodia, P.R. China (Yunnan Province and Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region), Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam.
MI aims to foster regional cooperation and connectivity by working with local government authorities, development partners, and local organizations to deliver standardized and customized learning programs, workshops, seminars, policy dialogues and consultations as well as research and development projects. MI works across three thematic areas, namely Agricultural Development and Commercialization, Trade and Investment Facilitation, and Innovation and Technological Connectivity.
consultant, SOFTWARE DEVELOPER FOR AN INTERACTIVE WEB PORTAL, trade and investment facilitation department
MI is seeking to engage the services of a software developer to conceptualize, develop, maintain and finalize an interactive online portal containing information on special economic zones (SEZs) of Lancang-Mekong countries.
- Develop system architecture of the web portal within a month from the start of the contract
- Serve as a resource person in a training program on enhancement of business connections and information sharing of one-stop service centers between SEZs in LM region to be conducted in the second quarter of 2019 in Khon Kaen, Thailand
- Provide session summaries of the training program within 15 days of the conclusion of the training
- Revise the architecture of the web portal based on feedback received from training participants
- Provide online technical assistance and advice, respond to participants’ queries, and input data sent by participants in the web portal during the action plan implementation of three months. Prepare a brief report on the inputs received during the online technical assistance phase
- Finalize and hand over the web portal to MI after incorporating feedback and discussions in the synthesis and evaluation workshop at the end of action plan implementation. Prepare a brief report on the discussions in the synthesis and evaluation workshop.
- Turn over user manuals and any other documentation to MI
More details on the scope of work and deliverables are provided in the Terms of Reference.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- At least five years of working experience in developing databases and websites
- Experience in professional web programming skills (web development, networking, repairing, troubleshooting and maintenance)
- Proven website/web portal management experience
- Experience in working with one or more of the following stacks, WAMP, LAPP, MAMP or XAMPP
- Proficiency in English
Interested parties are requested to submit an Expression of Interest (EoI) of no more than four pages with the following information:
- Brief discussion indicating the consultant’s understanding of the needs of the project
- Description of the platform that will be used to develop the web portal, user interface, interoperability, features on security, recommendations on the hosting environment, storage of back-end data, backup and recovery, troubleshooting, maintenance and other relevant technical points
- Consultant’s qualifications and experience relevant to the assignment