Mekong Institute (MI) is an intergovernmental organization (IGO) founded by the Governments of the Greater Mekong Sub-region (GMS) countries, namely Cambodia, People’s Republic of China (PRC), Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand, and Viet Nam. MI is located in Thailand and works closely with the six GMS countries to promote regional development, cooperation and integration through capacity development programs across three core areas: (i) Agricultural Development and Commercialization (ADC), (ii) Trade and Investment Facilitation (TIF), and Innovation and Technological Connectivity (ITC).
With support from the Lancang–Mekong Special Cooperation Fund, Mekong Institute (MI) is organizing a three–day regional training program on “Coordinated Border Management (CBM)” at Mekong Institute (MI), Khon Kaen, Thailand from March 25 – 27, 2019.
The training program will focus on coordinated border management and trade facilitation-related areas, and aims to enable the participants to develop a deeper understanding of (i) International conventions and practices in trade facilitation and coordinated border management (CBM); (ii) Trade Facilitation Initiatives under the Greater Mekong Sub-region (GMS) economic cooperation program, and (iii) Customs Modernization and Customs Cooperation (Singapore Customs Model). A total of 24 target participants as the Government officials from the ministries and concerned agencies in charge of Customs and Sanitation and Phyto-Sanitation (SPS) operation and administration in the Lancang – Mekong countries will be attending the training program.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Participants who hold mid–to– senior positions in the following Government department, and agencies:
- Customs Departments, General Administration of Customs
- Sanitation and Phyto-Sanitation (SPS) Department (Ministry of Agriculture)
The training program targets the participants from the border agencies at the border checkpoints in the LM sub-region, and Customs Departments in Yunnan Province, and Ha Noi, Viet Nam.
- Mukdahan (Thailand) – Savannakhet (Lao PDR) ]
- Aranyaprathet (Thailand) – Poipet (Cambodia)
- Chiang Khong (Thailand) – Huay Xai (Lao PDR)
- Mea Sot (Thailand) – Myawaddy (Myanmar)
- Lao Bao, Viet Nam
- Pingxiang, Guangxi
- Hekou, Yunnan
- Viet Nam and Yunnan Customs
- Government officials from the designated and concerned Government ministries and agencies as mentioned above who are involved in the trade facilitation operation i.e. coordinated border management (CBM) functions and activities.
- Hold University degree or an equivalent educational background with minimum 3 to 5 years working experience CBM-related areas.
- Command of English (speaking, reading, and writing) at working level.
- Familiarity with cross-cultural studying and working environment.
- Full attendance at the training program.
Full scholarships will be provided to a total of 24 participants: 04 scholarships will be allocated to each of six (06) LM countries, Cambodia, P.R. China, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand, Viet Nam.
Applications are now open to interested applicants. Please submit a completed application form together with an updated CV and copy of your passport, with the subject “Country, Name, Application to LMC-2: Coordinated Border Management Training Program” to Mr. Sokim Phang, Program Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to Mr. Quan Anh Nguyen, Program Specialist at email@example.com. Nominated candidates must attach their letter of nomination along with the abovementioned requirements.
Deadline of application is on March 15, 2019.
For more information about the training, please contact Mr. Quan Anh Nguyen, Program Specialist, or Mr. Madhurjya Kumar Dutta, Director of Trade and Investment Facilitation Department, at firstname.lastname@example.org.