Eligible parties are invited to submit a Project Concept Paper for development projects under the Mekong-Republic of Korea Cooperation Fund (MKCF).
The Project Concept Paper must be submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) of respective Mekong countries (Cambodia, Thailand, Myanmar, Vietnam, and Lao PDR) by April 15, 2020. No concept paper will be accepted after the due date. Only shortlisted concept papers will be contacted for development of full project proposals.
For more information on the requirements, deadlines, and contact details of MOFA focal representatives in respective Mekong countries, please:
ABOUT THE MKCF
Following the launch of the Mekong-ROK partnership in 2011, the Mekong-ROK Cooperation Fund
(MKCF) was established in 2013 to support the implementation of cooperation activities initiated by the
Mekong countries and the ROK under the Mekong-ROK cooperation framework.
The MKCF encourages cooperation in seven priority sectors outlined in the “Mekong-Han River
Declaration for Establishing Partnership for People, Prosperity and Peace” adopted by Mekong-ROK
Leaders during the 1st Mekong-ROK Summit in 2019.
The Fund provides grant for projects that are regional in nature. Such project is aligned on the priorities of the country to address national issues that facilitate regional integration process. It can be implemented in a single country. However, benefits should be shared among the countries in the Mekong region and the ROK.
In other words, the regional project should address the needs of several Member States in the Mekong
region. Such projects can consider national development objectives but are developed per regional
development objective, as well.
ELIGIBLE REQUIREMENTS OF PROPONENT
1. Government agencies or autonomous organizations from Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Vietnam, and Thailand (CLMVT) and the Republic of Korea (ROK)
2. Non-governmental organizations, academic institutions, and training institutes from CLMVT and the ROK
3. Experience in implementing development projects for at least five years
4. UN agencies and other international non-governmental organizations and international banks are not eligible as direct recipients of the fund. However, they may associate with Mekong country-based organizations to provide technical support/guidance to conduct collaborative work with the Mekong-based organizations as the lead proponent.
1. The proponent is required to submit a Project Concept Paper when applying for the MKCF.
2. The Project Concept Paper should contain all the required components.
3. The Project Concept Paper as per the prescribed format must be submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the respective Mekong countries by April 15, 2020.
Mr. Lors Socheata
Ms. Phonephilom Douangmalalay
Ms. May Thazin Tun
Ms. Nguyen Thu Phuong
Mr. Wasin Keatparitus
Ms. Cho Mijung
Mr. Kim Yong-seop
MI CONTACT INFORMATION
For more queries on the MKCF project, please contact:
Mr. Madhurjya Kumar Dutta
Coordinator, Mekong-ROK Cooperation Fund
Director, Trade & Investment Facilitation Department
123 Mittraphap Road, Khon Kaen, 40002, Thailand
Tel: +66 (0) 4320 2411-2 Ext. 2101
Email: [email protected]
Please copy Mr. Robby Rosandi, MI Program Officer, at [email protected] in all correspondences.