GSSD Expo 2022 Side Event
The Role of Science and Technology in the Water-Energy-Food (WEF) Nexus
Tuesday, September 13, 2022
11:50 -13:05 hrs. (Bangkok Time)
Hybrid/Meeting Room F, UN Conference Centre, Bangkok, Thailand
On the sidelines of the 2022 Global South-South Development Expo, the Mekong Institute (MI), the Office of the National Water Resources (ONWR), the Science and Technology Policy Institute (STEPI) and UN Office for South-South Cooperation (UNOSSC) will co-organize a hybrid side event on the “Role of Science and Technology in WEF Nexus”. The organizers and partners that have implemented WEF Nexus projects focused on introducing innovative technologies will share knowledge on their experiences.
The objectives of the event are as follows:
• Facilitate sharing of water, energy and food development solutions for vulnerable communities and applications of appropriate technologies;
• Discuss the critical role of STI as an effective means in the WEF Nexus application in line with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development;
• Exchange ideas, experiences, good practices and lessons learnt as well as to showcase successes, address challenges; and
• Highlight the value added of South-South and triangular cooperation in knowledge sharing and technical transfer by showing evidence from concrete partnerships and their results.
The evet targets participants are/from:
• Government and development cooperation participants
• Government ministries working on development cooperation
• Academics and policy experts
• UN agencies, international and regional organizations
• Private sector
This is a hybrid event, and participants can join either onsite or virtually.
Onsite participation: Join us at Meeting Room F at the UN Conference Centre, Bangkok, Thailand.
Virtual participation: Join us via Zoom.
· Zoom Meeting ID: 817 3443 2401
· No passcode
Languages: All the sessions will be conducted in English.
Both onsite and virtual participants are requested to complete the registration for the GSSD Expo via https://virtual-expo.southsouth-galaxy.org/ as well as the registration for the side event via https://bit.ly/3KRqwI9. Not later than September 7, 2022.
Any inquiries, please contact the organizers, Ms. Yejin Kim, P-LINK Project Manager, UNOSSC, via firstname.lastname@example.org and copy Ms. Tina Wang, Program Coordinator, Mekong Institute, via email@example.com.
For more information on the event, please see the Concept Note here.