CALL FOR APPLICATIONS - Regional Modular Training on Promoting Women Entrepreneurship for Export Business
June 8, 2017
Mekong Institute (MI) is organizing the Regional Modular Training on “Promoting Women Entrepreneurship for Export Business” on July 3-14, 2017 at the MI Residential Training Center, Khon Kaen, Thailand. The two-week training is part of the one-year capacity building and action research project on “Making Trade Work for Small Producers in Southeast Asia’s Least Developed Countries,” with the support of the International Research Institute Centre (IDRC), Canada.
The project aims to support selected female entrepreneurs from Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar and Vietnam to be ready for export business. The objectives of the regional training are:
· To train existing and prospective women entrepreneurs to help them develop and strengthen entrepreneurial qualities and motivation to expand business for regional and global market;
· To provide necessary knowledge and information on business management, finance, marketing, source of assistance, incentives, subsidies, rules and regulations to help them set up business ventures;
· To promote the SME sector for business growth for employment generation; and
· To promote women-led enterprises for the export market in the Greater Mekong Sub-region (GMS) countries.
At the end of the project, a pool of women entrepreneurs would be able to:
· gain knowledge and skills on entrepreneurship and SME promotion suited to integrate into the regional and global market; and
· prepare and implement a business plan for export/action plan to start/expand businesses for the export market.
How to apply:
The applications will only be accepted online by 23.59 (Thailand time) on June 15, 2017.
1) Submit the Training Application Form via the following link at Survey Monkey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/womenentrepreneurform; and
2) Submit the Questionnaire for Women Entrepreneurs via the following link at Survey Monkey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/qfwe.
Only shortlisted applicants will be asked to send their CV via email and will be invited for an online interview. Only six women entrepreneurs per Women Business Association per country (Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar and Vietnam) will be selected for full scholarship to participate in the modular training.
For more details, please see the attached Curriculum Design Statement, or contact the project team through Ms. Wen Hao, Program Coordinator - Trade and Investment Facilitation Department, at email@example.com or via +66 (0) 4320 2411-2 ext. 4092.