The Mekong Institute (MI) is inviting transport and logistics companies, members of business associations, farmers cooperatives, government agencies related to industry, trade, transport, agriculture, logistics and connectivity to attend a modular e-training on “Business Investment in Smart Logistics Technology for the Mekong Agricultural Supply Chain” from October 10 – 14, 2022, following an online format.
Important criteria for participant selection will be their commitment to (a) attend the online training in its entirety, (b) complete all assignments, (c) develop a business plan and (d) implement it after completion of the e-training. Finally, all participants should attend the Synthesis and Evaluation workshop at the end of the program to share the outputs of their Business Plan implementation.
The 5-day online training is designed to:
- Improve and update the participants’ knowledge of smart logistics technologies related to the agricultural supply chain in the Mekong;
- Build the capacity of the stakeholders and beneficiaries from the public and private sectors to understand business investment as it relates to agriculture supply chain management; financing, leasing and business plan preparation;
- Provide alternative smart logistics technologies for the agriculture supply chain and best practices to enhance the efficiency of logistics operations for the agriculture supply chain;
- Provide the the project stakeholders and beneficiaries with information about banking and leasing products, services, financing, and logistics business operations for the agricultural supply chain;
- Identify the gaps between the supply and demand for financing and leasing, i.e., financial institutions and leasing companies and logistics operators in Mekong countries.
- Support project stakeholders and beneficiaries on business plan preparation.
The training is part of the project on ‘Sustainable and Smart Agricultural Supply Chain Development in the Mekong’. The intention of the project is to improve production effectiveness and efficiency, reduce post- harvest losses, and increase energy efficiency in agricultural supply chains. The training is implemented by MI and supported by the Mekong – Republic of Korea Cooperation Fund (MKCF).
Training Process and Requirements
The “Training on Business Investment in Smart Logistics Technology for the Mekong Agricultural Supply Chain” will be done in a modular e-training format divided into three phases:
- Online Learning Phase – Consisting of 30 hours of face-to-face online learning. This phase will take place from October 11 - 14, 2022. During this phase, the participants will conceptualize the training content, participate in training sessions and exchange practical insights on smart logistics technologies. At the end of this phase, the participants will come up with a Business Plan that they are required to implement in their respective countries.
- Business Plan Development and Implementation – In this phase, the participants will be required to further develop and implement the Business Plan in their respective countries with the technical assistance of MI.
- Synthesis and Evaluation Workshop: The participants will be invited to share the outputs of their Business Plan implementation in a Synthesis and Evaluation Workshop, which will be organized online. Participants will present results of learning points and practices from their business plan implementation.
Interested applicants must complete the online application form [https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JJC2RLW] no later than October 4, 2022. For queries, please contact Ms. Sasiporn Phuphaploy, Program Assistant, Trade and Investment Facilitation Department (TIF), at firstname.lastname@example.org, copying Mr. Madhurjya Kumar Dutta, Director, TIF at email@example.com and Mr. Sa-nga Sattanun, Program Manager, TIF at [email protected].
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. A lump sum amount of USD 100 will be paid to selected participants to cover internet and other costs. The payment will be made to those who complete the full e-training course and commit to roll out their Business Plan in their home country in accordance with the business plans drafted during Phases 1 and 2 of the training.
For more information on the training course, please view here.