With support from the Lancang-Mekong Cooperation Special Fund of P. R. China, the Mekong Institute (MI), in collaboration with the Ministry of Commerce (MoC) of the Royal Thai Government and the Department of Trade Promotion, Ministry of Industry and Commerce of Lao PDR, is hosting the 4th Lancang-Mekong Business Forum (LMBF) in Vientiane and Boten, Lao PDR on November 9-11, 2022.
On the theme “Promoting Agribusiness and Investment in Processed Food Sector,” the two-day event offers a range of activities to establish business linkages, exchange information on innovations and technology in the processed food sector, and boost investment through collaboration between businesses from Lao PDR and other Lancang-Mekong countries. Industry leaders and experts will be sharing experiences through a business seminar and panel discussion during the first day of the event on November 9, 2022 in Vientiane.
Furthermore, by participating in the business matching and product exhibition, processed food enterprises and investors can share situational updates and network for business opportunities. A field trip to the Boten Special Economic Zone by express train from Vientiane to Boten will be arranged on the second and third day on November 10-11, 2022 for a group of selected delegates.
Due to travel restrictions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic in some countries, MI has designed the format of the forum with a combination of on-site activities and a virtual platform. This is to cater to interested participants who are not able to physically attend the event. Online participants can join the Business Seminar via Zoom on the morning of November 9, 2022 and the Virtual Business Matching on November 17, 2022 through the LMBF virtual platform.
1st Deadline for application: October 23, 2022 (first come, first serve!)
2nd Deadline for application: October 30, 2022. (Note: If the targeted number of seats is not fulfilled by Oct 23, the deadline will be extended to Oct 30, 2022.)
For more details, please contact the organizing team and complete the registration procedure for further arrangement.
*MI reserves the right to select the participants to join the structure learning visit to Boten. Only shortlisted delegates will be confirmed for further details.
TRAVEL AND COST
Special offer I:
For 25 non-Lao company participants outside of Lao PDR based in the South East Asia countries
MI will select a total of 25 companies from all registrants, five (5) each from Cambodia, P.R. China, Myanmar, Thailand, and Viet Nam, or their representatives who are based in South East Asia countries and are interested in attending the onsite forum activities.
- A total of 25 companies will be selected on the basis of their business matching interests, available flight and airfare, and COVID-19 travel restrictions and quarantine requirements of their home country;
- The selected company must be headquartered in/originate from Cambodia, P.R. China, Myanmar, Thailand, and Viet Nam and be involved in trade and investment of agribusiness and agro-food processing in Lancang-Mekong (LM) countries;
- The representative of the company should be the owner or a senior manager;
- A letter of consent signed by the company headquarters/representative office is required to prove the employment relationship.
Costs to be covered by MI:
- One round-trip economy class international air ticket between some locations in the LM countries and Vientiane (the air ticket needs to be purchased by the selected 25 participants first and will be reimbursed by MI during the forum in Lao PDR and should be within MI budget);
- One round-trip train ticket between Vientiane and Boten;
- Three nights' accommodation (Nov 9th, 10th, and/or 11th) in Vientiane and one night (Nov 10) in Boten will be provided. MI will book hotels only when the participants send the issued air ticket and confirm participation;
- Airport transfer and meals on some days
- Other travel costs such as Lao visa, travel, and health insurance among others, etc. are NOT covered by MI;
- Those interested in attending the forum on-site should send an email with the travel details to Ms. Wen Hao at email@example.com
Special offer II:
For 15 company representatives based in Lao PDR
- MI will provide a round-trip train ticket from Vientiane to Boten on Nov 10-11, 2022,
- One-night accommodation and lunch in Boten on Nov 10 during the field visit, for a total of invited/selected 15 company participants based in Lao PDR
For more information, please contact the MI organizing team:
Ms. Hao Wen
Program Coordinator, Trade and Investment Facilitation (TIF) Department
Tel: +66 43 202411-2 ext. 2105
Email: [email protected]
Ms. Sasiporn Phuphaploy
Program Assistant, Trade and Investment Facilitation (TIF) Department
Tel: +66 43 202411-2 ext. 2104