THE 5th LANCANG-MEKONG BUSINESS FORUM 2023
“Promoting Agribusiness and Investment in Processed Food Sector”
MI invites stakeholders of the agribusiness and food processing industry to the 5th Lancang-Mekong Business Forum (LMBF) in Nanning, P.R. China
With support from the Lancang-Mekong Cooperation Special Fund of P. R. China, the Mekong Institute (MI), in collaboration with the Ministry of Commerce (MoC) of the Royal Government of Thailand and the Foreign Affairs Office, the People’s Government of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, P.R. China, is hosting the 5th Lancang-Mekong Business Forum (LMBF) in Nanning and Pingxiang, P.R. China on July 3-5, 2023.
On the theme “Promoting Agribusiness and Investment in the Processed Food Sector,” the three-day event offers a range of activities to establish business linkages, exchange information on innovation and technology in the processed food sector, and boost investment through collaboration among businesses from Guangxi, P.R. China, and other Lancang-Mekong countries. Industry leaders and experts will be sharing experiences through a business seminar and panel discussion with the estimated 100 participants from LM countries during the first event on July 3, 2023 in Nanning. Furthermore, processed food enterprises and investors can share situational updates and network on business deal opportunities by participating in the business matching and product exhibition. Field trips to agro-food processing companies, Special Economic Zones, food processing companies, and logistics parks in Nanning and Pingxiang will be arranged on the second and third days on July 4-5, 2023 for a group of 50 selected delegates.
To attract more participation from all over the world, MI has designed the Forum with a combination of on-site activities and a virtual platform. This is to cater to interested participants who will not be able to physically attend the event. Online participants can join the Business Seminar via Zoom on July 3, 2023 in the morning and the Virtual Business Matching from July 7 to 31 through the LMBF virtual platform and mobile application.
For more details, please contact the organizing team and complete the registration procedure for further arrangements.
Click https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/5th-lmbfinPRCto register the 5th LMBF 2023 in Nanning and Pingxiang, P.R. China.
Application Deadline: May 17, 2023.
For more details, see the event brochure here.
*MI reserves the right to select the participants to join the structured learning visit in Nanning and Pingxiang, P.R. China on July 4-5, 2023. Only shortlisted delegates will be contacted for next actions.
Special offer for 25 company participants from Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand and Viet Nam.
MI will select a total of 25 companies from all registrants from Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand, and Viet Nam, or their representatives based in South East Asia who are interested to attend the onsite forum activities.
- A total of 25 companies will be selected on the basis of their business matching interests, available flights and airfare;
- The selected company must be headquartered in/originated from Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand, and Viet Nam and involved in trade and investment of agribusiness and agro-food processing in Lancang-Mekong (LM) countries;
- The representative of the company should be the owner or senior manager;
- A letter of consent signed by the company headquarters/representative office is required to prove the employment relationship.
Costs covered by MI would include
- One round-trip economy class international air ticket between cities in LM countries and Nanning, P.R. China (the air ticket needs to be purchased by the selected 25 participants first and will be reimbursed by MI during the forum in Nanning and should be within MI budget);
- Four nights' accommodation in Nanning and Pingxiang during July 2-5, 2023 will be provided. MI will book hotel only when the participants has sent the issued air ticket and confirmed participation;
- Airport transfer and meals on some days;
- Other travel costs such as Chinese visa, land transportation, and health insurance among others, are NOT covered by MI;
All participants of the forum will be provided with a free lunch on the first day of the forum.
Ms. Hao Wen
Program Coordinator, Trade and Investment Facilitation (TIF) Department
Tel: +66 43 202411-2 ext. 2105
Ms. Sasiporn Phuphaploy
Program Assistant, Trade and Investment Facilitation (TIF) Department
Tel: +66 43 202411-2 ext. 2104