The Project is designed to support policy and structural reforms that promote cross-border trade, emphasizing the formulation of policies and strategies that will improve the key elements of cross-border trade, as well as enhance appreciation, knowledge and skills in managing trade activities, and travel flows and security compliance.
It aims to:
- Promote trade along border trade zones that link Lancang-Mekong countries;
- Facilitation cross-border trade by increasing the capacity for commerce and reducing the costs faced by traders within the Lancang-Mekong region; and
- Enhance connectivity and improve competitiveness across international borders by improvements in infrastructure focused on facilitating cross-border trade and investment.
The Project focuses on the following components/activities:
- Improvement of infrastructures and regulations for cross-border SEZs particularly the establishment of joint-one-stop service centers and integrated quarantine service centers
- Enhancement of business connection and information sharing through one-stop service centers and business centers between SEZs in the Lancang-Mekong region
- Formulation of policy suggestions and strategies for better management and promotion of SEZs
- Improvement of core trade infrastructure and facilities in the border areas
- Capacity building on information, communication and technology (ICT) skills to facilitate cross-border trade in goods and services
Click on the links below to access reports related to this project.