Vision & Mission
Mekong Institute's Guiding Values
Capable and committed human resources working together for a more integrated, prosperous, and harmonious Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
Contribute to regional cooperation and integration through capacity development, dialogue, and advocacy for the acceleration of sustainable socioeconomic development and poverty alleviation in the GMS.
MAIN STRATEGIC GOALS
MI’s goals in the areas of agricultural development and commercialization; trade and investment facilitation; sustainable energy and environment are to help
- Increase agricultural commercial production and strengthen sustainable food systems
- Increase access to international markets and cross-border trade
- Increase adoption of power grid connectivity, renewable energy, energy efficiency, and
climate-smart technologies in agriculture and trade initiatives
While delivering areas of support under the three regional development themes, MI will also address issues of social inclusion and vulnerability, digital economy and innovation, and labor mobility to cement holistic and sustainable impacts in the subregion and beyond.
- Implement projects in partnerships
- Provide advisory services to GMS governments, development partners, the private sector, and civil society
- Conduct research for policy advocacy on transboundary development areas
For more information, please see the MI Strategic Plan 2021-2025 and the MI Strategic Plan Infographic.